Monday, March 17, 2014

Declutter and Plank Challenge Day 20

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I hope everyone enjoyed this wonderful day (or weekend). Today I made sure to wear my Irish Drinking Socks (that I bought in Ireland) to celebrate.


 I know I haven't posted since Thursday so technically 3 days have passed, but I went out of town to celebrate my amazing friend, Katie's, birthday and...well...I was lazy. I'm not going to BS around it, I didn't plank (even though Saturday was an off day). So I'm starting right back where I left off and instead of taking a break tomorrow, I'll do 3 minutes of plank, 4 days in a row (including today).

Now that I'm back home, I'm back to doing my 30 day challenge!

Declutter


Item(s): A sorority tank top
Why I'm getting rid of it: I'm trying so hard to move on from college. Even though a lot of my shirts have sentimental meaning, I'm learning to let go.
Where is it going: Donation pile!

Plank


How I felt: I really think the 3 day break helped me out a lot. Even though it wasn't planned, I think I was more determined then ever today. I wanted to prove to myself that although I was lazy for the last 3 days, I could push through the lazy mindset and hop right back into it. I made it the longest I have made it today, both without breaks and with a few breaks. First, I made it 1:30 without taking any short breaks! I tried to close my eyes and really focus on breathing. I told myself I had to take 20 slow and deep breaths before I could open my eyes and look at the clock. That took me to about 1:15 and I fought another 15 seconds until I had to stick my butt up. Second, I made it to 2:30 before I had to switch to my knees! I am so proud of myself and really hope to continue improving tomorrow.
Goal for tomorrow: Make it longer than 1:30 before I take any break.

PS - In honor of St. Paddy's Day, I stayed in my green shirt :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment