Monday, December 2, 2013

Crosstown Showdown

Well the holidays are upon us and Branden and I were able to spend our first Thanksgiving together for the first time in 5 years. It started off with the annual alumni basketball game at Del Campo. This year I was the oldest one on the alumni team and I couldn't believe it! I had a blast playing and we even won by 2 points!

Thanksgiving morning brought us back to Del Campo where Branden played tackle football with some high school friends (Tomas, Tyler, and Drew). It was great seeing them all back together playing football just like in high school. I enjoyed watching all of them play and I know Branden enjoyed playing as well.

After football we went back home and got ready for dinner. We went to my aunt and uncle's house for appetizers and then went back to my parents' house for some delicious turkey! We had 2 amazing turkeys: one from the oven and one smoked by my brother in his Traeger. My brother loves taking pictures of his Traeger creations so here is a photo of the turkey, compliments of Taylor.


After dinner we headed to Branden's sister's house where we spent time with his sister, mom, and our niece. We all hung out and watched a movie and it was wonderful getting to spend time with both families in the same day.

On Friday we drove down to LA because Saturday we were going to the USC-UCLA football game. We had high hopes going into the game. We started off with some great tailgating with awesome people. Unfortunately USC lost the game but we both had a great time and are sad to see football season at USC come to an end. Hopefully next year we will get our victory bell back!

 Playing some tailgating games
 The amazing cookies that were made just for the game!
 We love hanging out with Sarah and Daniel!
 The whole gang!
Fight On!

No comments:

Post a Comment