Monday, August 4, 2014

My Mom Retired!

My mom recently retired and in order to celebrate we had a party! This is the first big event we've had at their house since the backyard was redone and I think everything turned out perfectly! Branden and I arrived early on Saturday and helped set everything up. We even had enough time to go for a swim since it was so warm!





I made my mom a fun retirement gift basket and she loved it!



Here are all of the things I put in her basket:

Key Chain – For being a “key” to the workplace
Marbles – To replace the ones you’ve lost
Pillow – Because you’ve earned your rest
Confetti – To celebrate the joys of retirement
Seeds – For all your dreams to grow
Chalk – To “chalk” it up as a job well done
Mints – For a fresh look at retire”mint”
Bath Salt – To soak up the extra stress
Kit Kat – Because it’s time to take a “Break”
Lotto Ticket – Supplemental Income
Wine Bottle – Fountain of Youth
Blow Pops - Work Blows

Here are some pictures from the actual party:


















Overall the party was a huge success! Congratulations to my wonderful mother on her retirement! I'm so happy she is able to do nothing but relax now!

No comments:

Post a Comment