Sunday, February 23, 2014

My 30 Day Challenges

Challenge 1 - Declutter My Life

I recently read an article about a man in his late twenties who was making 6 figures and was very successful in the business world. One day he decided he just wasn't happy doing what he was doing and decided to quit his job, give up his huge apartment and move into a small one bedroom apartment, and just in general live by doing something he loved. In the article it discussed how much happier he was by giving up all the things that really had no meaning or purpose in his life. The article also suggested that people who want to declutter their lives should start small by getting rid of one item every day for 30 days.

For those of you who know me, you may know I have a tendency to want to hold onto things. Maybe it has some small meaning or memory to me. Or maybe I think to myself "well I might use that again in the future", but in reality I probably never will. So I thought this would be a really great challenge for me to do since I have so much stuff! Most of the items I will most likely end up donating but there may be some things I end up throwing away (who knows what I will find). I bet over the next 30 days I'll be getting rid of a lot of clothes, but I'm also hoping I can find some other random items to get rid of as well.

My goal over the next 30 days is to pick my one item, take a picture of it, and explain why I'm getting rid of it. To start my challenge, this is what I plan to get rid of for day 1:


Item(s): 2 skirts my mom bought for me in 2009 for my summer in Spain.
Why I'm getting rid of them: I'm a little older now and realize I will never wear them again. I got lots of use out of these throughout the years but it's time to let them go. I chose to get rid of both of them in 1 day instead of 2 (technically they are 2 items) because then I can get rid of more "stuff" I don't need over the next month.
Where are they going: Donation pile!

Challenge 2 - Plank Challenge

I saw this challenge idea on a wedding forum and decided I would partake in it. I have anterior pelvic tilt, which in basic terms means my back is arched more then it should be and that my abs are too loose and my quads are too tight. Hopefully by doing this challenge I will be able to tighten up my abs a little more and help to improve my posture! Here is the calendar of the challenge:


My plan is to take a picture of myself (well really have Branden take a picture of me) planking every day and post this along with the item I am getting rid of for the day. So here is to tight abs and better posture!
How I felt: Well day 1 was only 20 seconds. It was fairly easy but I can tell that the longer I go the more difficult it will be.
Goal for tomorrow: Separate my hands

I know these next 30 days are going to be busy but I'm hoping that by posting my challenges I will be able to hold myself accountable. If you want to yell at me for not posting, go right ahead! Let's see what these next 30 days bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment