Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Finally Some Decorations!

I'm terrible at decorating my places but I've been wanting some small touches of decor around the apartment since I'm done moving every 6 months! Since there wasn't much going on last weekend, I was able to finally finish a few things I had been wanting to do.

The first thing I finished was this map of the USA. I saw the idea on pinterest and loved it. I found a digital map on ETSY from 1940 which I loved and printed it on an 11 x 17 piece of paper. Then I got some cork, cut it to 11 x 17, and placed it in underneath the map. Finally, I framed it without the glass so that I can add pins to it.

The idea of the pins is to place pins throughout the country where Branden and I have traveled together. Over the years we will be able to add to the map and see where our adventures have taken us. When we have kids, we will change the color of the pins to a different one so we can see where we have gone with our children as well.

Right now we don't have many pins but hopefully that is going to change! I already know of 2 new places we are going before the year is over :-).



The next thing I was able to do was put up some decorative shelves. I've been wanting a place to put the candles from our wedding, as well as our cake topper. When I found these shelves at Ross I knew they would work perfectly! The picture in the middle was a gift made for us and I thought it looked great in the middle of the 2 shelves. Now I just need to figure out what to put on the bottom shelf of the left one!


What does everyone think? Feel free to share recommendations in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment