Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy Holidays

This is the first Christmas Branden and I have spent together as a married couple! We were so excited to finally be able to spend all of the holidays together. Branden was especially excited because it was his first Christmas home and with family since 2009.

The first thing we did after Thanksgiving was put up our Christmas tree and lights on our patio. It really got us into the spirit even though we didn't have any ornaments!

Bandit of course had to make an appearance

A few weeks later we finally got all of our ornaments from my parent's house and finally finished our tree! We were both quite pleased with how it turned out.



Our next task at hand was to make some ugly Christmas sweaters to wear on Christmas Eve. We decided we wanted to start a new trend and wear them every Christmas Eve. We found a holiday pillow at Ross and decided it would be perfect to cut up and make a sweater. By the time Christmas Eve rolled around we both had some pretty awesome sweaters (although Branden's was much better).

You can see Elf peaking his head out of my vest :-)

Christmas Eve was spent with Branden's family in Thornton and it was great seeing his entire family. We had lots of fun and made sure to take lots of pictures!














Christmas morning we drove to Sacramento where we spent the morning with my family. We opened presents and had our traditional breakfast of hot dogs and scrambled eggs (I know it's weird), along with a homemade bread given to us every year by a family friend. Everything was delicious!

After breakfast I decided that I was going to jump in the new pool my parents got. Nobody had been in it yet and I wanted to be the first. Thankfully it wasn't too cold outside but the the surface of the pool read 52 degrees (brrrrr). On the count of 3 I was ready to jump in! I definitely felt the shock of the cold water as I hit but it was worth it! Now I can say I did something that nobody else can: I was the first one in the pool!




We then drove to Sonoma where we had our traditional dinner of prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, creamed spinach, and mashed potatoes. I can say that all of us were stuffed! 



It was great being able to spend time with both families over the holidays and I cannot wait until next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment