Thursday, March 27, 2014

Declutter and Plank Challenge Days 29 & 30

I made it 30 days! I cannot believe it has already been 30 days since I started this. Time sure does fly! I am so glad I did both of these challenges and I could see that the past 30 days I was more motivated to do things. I definitely plan on continuing to try and find things that I don't need anymore and get rid o them as well as continue my plank challenge to increase my time. Maybe one day I can make it the full 5 minutes!

Declutter



Item(s): USc sweatpants and a cardigan
Why I'm getting rid of it: I got the USC sweatpants when I was first accepted to USC. They have had been great to me but I find them in my drawers more then I do wearing them. I figure it's time to move on and let someone else get some joy from them. The cardigan I got sometime in college and wore it a lot but it doesn't match with many things I wear so I'm just going to get rid of it as well.
Where is it going: Donation pile!

Plank



How I felt: 5 minutes was extremely hard. I found myself consistent with where I have been on staying in form with no breaks and switching to my knees. One thing I could tell the difference in was that I really felt like I kept my hips down for the entire 5 minutes. If I felt it creeping up I would force myself right back into form. 
Overall Experience: I'm happy with the results I've seen over the past 30 days. When I first started I could feel myself wanting to give in under a minute but now I feel extremely comfortable planking for a minute. I plan to continue and plank every day and just max out each day. Hopefully in the near future I can make it to 5 minutes, but in the mean time I'll focus on taking baby steps!

Thanks to everyone for your support throughout my challenges. I hope I was able to motivate some people to better their own lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment