Thursday, March 13, 2014

Declutter and Plank Challenge Days 18 & 19

Declutter



Item(s): An old work shirt and cardigan.
Why I'm getting rid of them: I got the shirt more than 2 and a half years ago when I first started working and the cardigan has seen better days. Although both are still in decent condition I usually avoid wearing them unless I haven't done laundry.
Where is it going: Donation pile!

Plank


How I felt: Sorry for only 1 picture today. I was lazy yesterday and didn't feel like taking a picture since my phone was in the other room. Yesterday I made it to 2 minutes and 10 seconds with a couple of 2-3 second breaks again (not dropping to my knees but sticking my behind up in the air). I eventually had to drop to my knees and finish at 2:10 but I'm happy I made it to the 2 minute mark. I actually was doing extremely well for the first 1:30. I kept my eyes closed and focused on breathing and really activating my abs. Then I somehow lost my focus but if I can really concentrate like I was I think I can get to 2 minutes without any breaks.

Today I felt really great for the first 1:30 again. I can definitely feel it getting easier for that time period. Once again I had to take a few short breaks of 2-3 seconds but go right back into my plank. I made it to 2:15 before I switched to finish it up on my knees.

Goal for tomorrow: Keep improving on my time before I switch to my knees. I know the time is increasing to 3 minutes but as long as I see improvements then I'm happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment