Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Organizing the Kitchen

Our kitchen is SMALL and it has really proven itself to be difficult to store all the crap stuff we have. We have cabinets above our stove to put all of our glasses and dishes, one cabinet under the counter to put all of our pots and pans, and one very skinny cabinet under the counter to put our tupperware. We also have a fairly large pantry (thankfully) where we keep our food and some of the larger pots and pans.

Even though we have a spot for almost everything, it was always disorganized. Trying to put our pots and pans away was seriously a pain because it's so low and our cabinet is very deep. My parents' kitchen have built-in sliding drawers throughout their kitchen, and I knew I wanted something similar.

I am so glad I went on the hunt for roll-out drawers because I found this roll-out drawer, and it has made life so much nicer! I chose the one I did because the measurements were almost perfect for our deep cabinet and it had great reviews.

It is so smooth rolling it in and out and I no longer despise putting away our pots and pans.



Our pantry is a pretty good size, but our bottom shelf has a lot of room between the base and the next shelf up. I was always digging for my baking stuff and taking things off that were piled on top. I knew we needed something that would allow us to easily pull things out of there as well as give us an extra shelf.

Thankfully, I found this double shelf that rolls out. If you decide to go this route, make sure you do your research on brands. There are other brands that allow the top shelf to come out separately from the bottom shelf, but for the price we figured the one we chose was good enough. In addition, once you choose which one you like, make sure to search the internet for places that might sell it cheaper. I actually found the double shelf to be cheaper on Amazon, but the single pull-out drawer was cheaper at Wayfair.

Here are the before and after pictures of what our pantry looks like:




I couldn't be happier with deciding to make these purchases! I feel so much more sane in my kitchen and a lot more calm now that things are organized and easily accessible. We have more ideas for our kitchen and hopefully in the near future I'll be able to post more organizational changes we've made.

2 comments:

  1. Those drawers are Awesome! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I highly recommend them (or something similar), especially if you have deep cabinets.

      Delete