Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Staying Local: UFC and the Alameda Art and Wine Fair

It's been a few weeks since my last post but that's because Branden and I were living a completely normal and boring life. He was studying for finals and I was busy being lazy and lounging around. It was so nice to have 2 weekends home in a row.

Last weekend, since Branden's summer class was over, we kept ourselves busy. My weekend sort of started on Thursday when I got to go to the Oakland A's game with my department. They got 2 suites for the day and since I LOVE LOVE LOVE baseball I was that much more excited to watch it from a suite (too bad it wasn't the Giants). Here are a few pictures I took while I was there:









On Friday I got to leave work early and we headed down to San Jose to watch the UFC weigh-ins and try and get free tickets again. Going to watch the weigh-ins was a really cool experience! Branden always watches them on the computer and I think he loved being there in person for them. Here are some pictures we took. Sorry for the terrible quality.







 After the weigh-ins we knew we had some time before Dana would tweet out tickets (2 of the fighters didn't make weight and were supposed to get an hour to make weight), so we headed for a bar for some food and drinks. We ended up picking a great location apparently because Matt Hughes walked right by us, followed shortly after by Joe Silva (Branden had to tell me who Silva was).

Right as we finished our food we saw Dana White tweet that he would be giving away tickets soon. Branden quickly finished his beer and we went outside to be ready. We ended up being extremely close to where he gave the tickets away and sprinted to get them. The guy handing the tickets out was nice enough to give us 4!

On Saturday we drove back to San Jose and enjoyed the fights all afternoon. Here are some pictures!











On Sunday the weather was so nice! I've been wanting to ride my bike around the island and knew last weekend would be perfect. Alameda was having it's annual Art and Wine Fair so we decided to ride our bikes to park street and check it out. All the vendors had some really cool stuff and the food was amazing. Not to mention it was really great walking down the street with beers in our hands!










We wrapped up the weekend by grilling some delicious ribs and enjoying the weather from our patio. I love eating outside and I'm so grateful we live in such an amazing place!



No comments:

Post a Comment