Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Salmon Burgers

I guess it's about time for me to post my first recipe! I've been wanting to share a few with everyone but I always forget to take pictures when I'm cooking!

Last night Branden and I made salmon burgers for the first time and we found them to be delicious! I found the recipe in one of my cookbooks so I figured I'd share it!

Prep Time: 20 min     Total: 30 min

Sour Cream Dill Sauce

1/3  cup sour cream
3     tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
3/4  teaspoon dried dill weed

Burgers

1     egg
2     tablespoons milk
1     can (14 3/4 oz) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
2     medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)
1     cup soft bread crumbs (about 1 1/2 slices bread)
1/4  teaspoon salt
1     tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions

1. In a small bowl, stir sauce ingredients until well mixed. Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve

2.  In a medium bowl, beat the egg & milk with a fork or whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients, except oil.

3. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 4 inches in diameter.

4. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties in oil about 8 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Serve with sauce.


One thing I will try different next time is to use fresh salmon instead of the canned salmon. It was very tedious picking out all of the bones and it was just a hassle. I know the can says they are edible but I don't like things poking me as I eat. It may take a little longer to prepare fresh salmon but I bet it tastes better too.

In addition, the recipe comes with instructions on how to make a sour cream dill sauce. Branden hates sour cream though so he made his own sauce with ranch and buffalo sauce. He said it turned out great. I definitely recommend some kind of sauce to add, though, because it can get really dry without it. Maybe next time I'll try adding a little lemon juice to try and moisten them up.

It was a nice change of pace to eat a healthier version of a burger and not eat our normal fish or chicken during the week.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment