Thursday, June 5, 2014

Memorial Weekend Recap

I know I'm almost 2 weeks late with this post but I got sick right after the weekend :-( and then I got too lazy to post. Even though I was in bed with a fever for a few days I'd much rather be sick like that then a week-long cold or the flu!

Branden and I had quite the eventful time for the long weekend. It started on Saturday when we drove to Stockton to celebrate Kianna's first birthday. The poor girl was sick (we thought she just had a fever because of teething but later realized she had Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease), but we think she was able to enjoy the day as best she could. Sereena rented a bounce house for all the kids and I could tell everyone had a great time at the party. Here are a few (or a lot) pictures from the day!

Branden and I spent Friday evening building our present for Kianna

 Mama and the birthday girl :-)




 Lorraine and I were hanging out in the bounce house

 PiƱata time!























 Time for her own cake!

 I think she enjoyed it

 Uncle Branden loved pushing her around in her new Cozy Coupe



After the party, Glenda, Sereena, and Kianna came back to Alameda with us to spend the rest of the weekend. Even though Kianna was sick most of the time, a little Motrin and TLC were just the cure. On Sunday we walked to the beach (we are so lucky to live so close) and spent some time hanging out in the pool. Kianna loves the water and had tons of fun playing in the sand.
















On Monday we walked to the park and were hoping Kianna would enjoy the playground. She did enjoy it but was more interested in picking up the bark and putting it in a pile on the slide.



The rest of Monday and most of Tuesday (I took the day off) were spent just lounging around the apartment but it was definitely needed. On Tuesday we did cook one of Branden and Sereena's childhood favorite foods: Tator Tot Casserole. I know it sounds weird (and it is) but it's really good and a definite comfort food. It's also really easy to make! Maybe I'll do a separate post about how to make it.


Overall we had an amazing weekend. It was nice to spend time with family and friends and I can't wait for another long weekend to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment