Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Monday

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Branden and I stayed home and just hung out and ran errands. Our weekend started on Friday when we had people over for dinner. Our friend had knee surgery so we offered up our place since he couldn't exactly make food for himself. Then I invited over another friend and we made an evening of it. I made this delicious soup that I'll share with everyone at the end of the post, and we played Cards Against Humanity.

On Saturday we went to REI and officially became members (hooray). We are going on a backpacking trip at the end of May and wanted to make sure our packs were sized correctly. It also happened to be their "garage sale" day so we walked out with some gently used hiking shoes which turned out to be a great deal!

We also watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Normally I'm not really into those kinds of movies, but I thought it was pretty good and there were some great jokes in there. I'd definitely recommend it if you are looking for something to watch.

On Sunday it was raining so we were couped up inside, but I made it to the grocery store so that we could try my friend, Andrea's, grilled cheese and tomato soup recipe. It was seriously DELICIOUS and you all have to try it. You can find the recipe on her blog, here.

The only thing we didn't do was include the mustard and mayo spread because Branden hates mayo and I hate mustard. If you don't have an immersion blender (we don't), just let the soup cool off a little and then pour it into your regular blender. I'm super excited to eat the leftover soup for lunch today.

Overall it was a great weekend and I hope everyone enjoyed it as well.

Tuscan White Bean Soup

Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions

  1. Put the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a soup pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes
  2. Add remaining ingredients, except Parmesan, and simmer for 20-30 minutes
  3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add Parmesan, if desired
This recipe was super simple and I was told by our guests that it was delicious as well (I know I loved it). If you are looking for a quick soup recipe, this is for you! You can also make it vegetarian by removing the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment